When you are editing an assignment's questions, you have the ability to adjust the overall amount of points the assessment is worth, as well as the weight of each individual question. To adjust the overall amount of amounts, you will change the Maximum Grade through the followings steps:
- Type in the new amount next to Maximum Grade.
- Select Save.
- Adjusting the weight of each question can be done by changing the number in the box to the right of each individual question.
- Static questions are automatically assigned a weight based on how many individual parts a student must complete within a question.
- Random questions are automatically assigned a weight of 1, regardless of how many individual parts a student must complete within a question (see below).
You may change the weight of an individual question through the following steps:
- Select the pencil icon to the right of the number.
- Type in the new amount.
- Hit Enter on your keyboard.
Note: that the Total of points and Maximum Grade do not have to match.