Building Auto Graded Assignments using your course's Question Banks is as EASY!
Templates take the time and guess-work out of settings, and ensure consistency across like assignments.
The Assignment Builder makes adding questions a SNAP!
If you prefer to see the process in video format, click here: How to build an auto graded assignment
Create an Auto Graded Assignment
- From your Dashboard, click Go to Course.
- Click Course Content from the left-hand menu to expand.
- Click on the needed Chapter/Module.
- Click Add an assignment or resource.
- Select Auto Graded Assignment.
- Enter the Assignment Name.
- NOTE: The assignment name becomes the column header in the Gradebook, so include identifying reference (ex: Ch 4 Homework).
- Click to select a Template.
- Click on a Template to see the Description.
- Click Continue to timing.
- Leave Submission Options at the default setting.
- Toggle the Opening and Closing date/time fields to ON and set as needed.
- Opening Date/Time - When students first get access to the questions.
- Closing Date/Time - Due DateToggle Time Limit to ON, if applicable, and set as needed.
- Real Time, running clock (cannot be stopped or paused).
- Best used in testing situations.
- Click Save & Continue to Questions.
- Use the filters on the left panel to Select a Question Bank and filter to what is needed.
- Questions from different Question Banks can be mixed and matched on a single assignment.
- Select desired questions.
- Click to check and add multiple questions at once. Click Add Questions.
- Or, click on a question to add individually or preview before selecting.
- Choose whether to add the Static version (text version) of selected question(s), or an Algorithmic version (when available).
- Click Add Questions.
- Same Algorithmic question = Data set differs from text version; all students receive same data set.
- Different variations = Data sets vary among students
- Selected Questions will appear on the right-hand panel at a default value of 10 points each.
To change, click Set Points to reveal a pop-up window.
- To set the Overall point value for the assignment, select entire assignment.
- To set points for all questions to a specified value, select each question.
- Enter the value in the designated field. Click Set Points.
- To manually distribute points, click in points field and enter new value.
- Click Save & Exit.