NEW & IMPROVED: Embed Content in Modules (LTI 1.3 Advantage)
Modified on: Mon, Aug 28, 2023 at 9:30 AM
- Your school will need to have made the necessary updates to our tool to use these steps. Please confirm with your Canvas administrator before proceeding. These updates can be made by your administrator using the following guide: Add the Link Selection Placement to Existing LTI 1.3 Integration
- If you copied a previous Canvas course, make sure you have removed all MBC assignment links in your new Canvas course before integrating.
- Any assignment setting changes (number of attempts, open/close dates, etc.) should be made in myBusinessCourse, as these will carry over to Canvas.
- Click on the Modules tab in the navigation.
- Click the Module button to create a new module.
- A modal appears. Enter myBusinessCourse in the Module Name field and then click the Add Module button.
- Click the + icon for the myBusinessCourse module.
- A modal will appear. In the select drop-down, choose External Tool.
- Select myBusinessCourse Content Selection.
If the myBusinessCourse Content Selection is not there, your school may not have made the necessary updates to our tool. Please contact your Canvas administrator to have these updates made using the following guide: Add the Link Selection Placement to Existing LTI 1.3 Integration
- A modal appears and myBusinessCourse will load.
- Once myBusinessCourse loads, select a course
- You will be prompted to select a section and confirm the integration. If all the information looks correct click the Yes, Integrate Now button
- You will be redirected to a Content Selection page which will contain all your myBusinessCourse chapter/modules resources.
- Select the resources you would like to embed in your course
- Scroll to the bottom and click the Embed Content button
- You will be redirected back Canvas and the myBusinessCourse content will be embedded.
- You can repeat this process to embed content as often as you’d like.
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?