With a customizable Course Layout, Instructors have the ability to combine Course Content to fit their needs.
Scenario: An accelerated course is organized by Week with each week combining content from multiple chapters. Organize the course with folders labeled by Week (instead of Chapter/Module) and and combine content as needed.
Combining Course Content
1. Access the Course Layout Screen.
- Click Course Content
- Select Course Layout.
2. Click Edit for a Content Folder to be edited.
- Select Edit Chapter / (Edit Module).
3. Revise Content Folder Name.
- Type in preferred name in the Chapter Name (Module Name) field.
EXAMPLE: Change Chapter 1 to Week 1.
4. Combine Course Content
- Scroll down to the Book Resources section of the page.
- Under Section(s), click Add Section.
- Use the Dropdown field to select another Chapter/Module.
- Repeat until all needed content is included in the Chapter Content folder.
EXAMPLE: Include content from Chapters 1-2 in Content Folder "Week 1".
5. Manage Book Resources
- In the Book Resources section, toggle Book Resources On/Off as needed.
6. Save Changes.
7. Repeat Steps 2-6 until Course Content is layed out as needed.
- Hide any unneeded Course Content Folders (see Hide and Unhide Chapters/Modules) for instruction.