We have compiled a Checklist to help you prepare your courses. You'll be up and running in no time!
Click here to view the entire guide in PDF format: Best Practices for a New Term, or use the links below to view individual segments.
New Term ChecklistBefore you start, if you don't already have access to the eBook you need, Request Materials.
FIRST... Generate a Course & Set Up Your Sections
Create a NEW course if any of the following apply:
- First-time user
- Using a new edition,
- Want to start from scratch
- QuickBooks Online user (Author's prebuilt course)
COPY a course if any of the following apply:
- Previous user / Continuing edition (Copy retains assignments)
- A colleague is willing to share their course with you (same edition)
SECOND... Update Assignment Dates (copied courses)
Assignment Dates for existing assignments can be easily updated from a single screen. No going in and out of each assignment!
THIRD...Build New Auto Graded Assignments (as needed)
Templates make it EASY to apply consistent settings and our Assignment Builder makes creating assignments as EASY as 1...2...3!
FOURTH...Integrate With Yours LMS (optional)
If you plan to integrate your course, your school's LMS Domain must first be registered. Assignments and the course's video content can be linked/embedded in your LMS and grades automatically sync to your gradebook.
Video: How to Integrate
LAST...Distribute Enrollment Instruction
Your Student Handout includes EVERYTHING your students need to successfully enroll in your course.
- If you will be integrating your course, be sure to have that completed before accessing the Student Handout because instruction will change.
- Students can make any needed purchases during the enrollment process.
- Student Handouts are unique to each Section of a Course.
Video: Student Handout